Friday, March 9, 2012

Kingdoms of amalur:reckoning...?

how's gameplay? Is there a need for tactics? How much choices are there? Is combat fluent and fun,or just attack,block,dodge...how much freedom is there and can you create weapons? Thanks in advance.Kingdoms of amalur:reckoning...?
From my time with it I will tell you I really enjoyed the game. The combat is very much like Fable where you have one button assigned to a primary weapon and another to a secondary. Blocking is achieved by holding down the block button(LT on Xbox). the magic system is used by holding down RT and pressing X,Y,B, or A for up to four different spells. You can change what spells are on the buttons at anytime. There is a tactical side to combat in the fact certain enemies are more vulnerable to certain attacks. Rushing in head on against a Rock Troll is not a good idea. I really love finishers, once a rage bar builds up you hit LB and RB at the same time to go into this rage mode that results in time being slowed and a bloody finisher which is a quick time event. I would say the interactions with people, menus, skill trees, and character creation is very much Dragon Age Origins. The world is extremely open, and the map is massive. I played the demo and once I got out of the opening area I was overwhelmed with so much to do. yes you can create your own weapons if you invest in blacksmithing. something unique to this game is destinies system which gives you bonuses to certain things much like perks. i really loved playing the demo and i plan on getting the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment